ALUS™ Load & Unload of Lyophilizers
Since the 1980s, GEA has designed, manufactured and improved the ALUS™ system and was one of the first manufacturers to develop this technology using permanently installed systems (conveyor-pusher systems), as well as flexible transfer cart systems.
ALUS™ – efficient, safe and reliable performance
ALUS™ is designed to give the user the maximum layout flexibility. This can include: loading and unloading from one side; loading and unloading from two sides (pass through design); loading with push-pull system under isolator or RABS systems; and unloading using Transfer Cart under RABS systems. ALUS can also accommodate a wide variety of filler and capper options. ATEX option available. The latest ALUS™ equipment is up to 45% more compact than its predecessors. This compact design significantly reduces the footprint to keep building costs to a minimum and allow much easier integration in retrofit applications. The new Transfer Cart ALUS™ is controlled by the latest wireless W-LAN panel. This provides precise control of the system without any hard-wired connection. The wireless panel is much easier to handle when operating in a cleanroom and is easier to clean than hard wired equipment. Up to ten freeze dryers can be loaded and unloaded by a single ALUS™ transfer cart system (depending on the application) so as a system grows the additional production can easily be accommodated. This is a much more flexible system than fixed push-pull equipment and much more cost effective.
- High performance, with loading speed of up to 500 vials per minute and unloading speed of up to 700 vials per minute
- High operational safety, even for difficult vials with a diameter – height ratio of <3
- High flexibility for different vial formats
- Excellent integration of ALUS™ and the freeze dryer through optimum interface coordination and integration
- Patented design allows smooth transition of vials from ALUS™ to Freeze Dryer
- Improved safety as no moving parts above open vials
- Design complies to zone concept: no machine drives in vial processing area
- Frameless operation
- High quality sterile design with excellent laminar flow properties
- No moving parts above open vials so as to increase safety and avoid product contamination
- Easy-to-use integrated software
[popup title=”Video” padding=”20″ button=”1″][video_embed video=”” parameters=”” mp4=”http://www.acetechnologiesgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/gea-pharma-liquid-dosage-vial-video_alus.mp4″ ogv=”” placeholder=”” html5_parameters=”” width=”700″ height=”400″][/popup]