FOWS – WASHER STERILIZER
The washer sterilizer is an absolute unique and original solution, designed for improving and simplifying all cleaning requirements when the loads need to enter a controlled-contamination environment. The FOWS washer sterilizer is a hybrid solution suitable for washing, decontaminating, sterilizing and drying various types of loads as no traditional machine can ever do.
These multipurpose machines, totally managed by Thema4 process controller, represent the most cost-effective solution in terms of CAPEX as well as operating costs while combining the high-performance of a steam sterilizer into a jet washer.
This new concept presents many advantages when compared with a traditional solution of two different machines (washer + steam sterilizer): FOWS requires less space in a plant, less time to complete the process, less training, and reduced maintenance and validation costs.
To carry on the washing cycle, FOWS washer sterilizer benefits from the emollient effect of steam on greasy and sticky dirt such as ointment, cream, gel etc. Thanks to this, the consumption of detergents, water and energy is significantly reduced presenting a truly eco-friendly solution. Additionally, vacuum can be used for drying loads, reducing process duration with lower operating costs.
Process optimization: 4 processes in 1 machine. Optimization of material flows, by reducing cross-contamination risks. Simplification of procedures and process (it’s possible to develop and validate the entire process).
Cost-effectiveness: Reduction of installation, qualification, maintenance, revalidation and personnel training costs. Reduction of floor space needed and total process time.
Flexibility: you can run the unit as a washer, as an autoclave or as a combined unit. The load will be washed, sterilized and dried at once in 110 minutes. The parts used in a clean room are processed and unloaded again in the same area. Dedicated washing racks allow to standardize each load thus simplifying validation.
Highly-efficient & Eco-friendly: It uses steam for improving washing/degreasing performances and vacuum for drying thus being a more environmental friendly machine with lower energy consumption than any traditional alternative. Capability of removal of large masses of sticky ointments/creams.
- FOWS steam sterilizer is equipped with a 316 Ti stainless steel chamber.
- Chamber’s inner surface mechanically polished until a roughness of less than 0.4 pm, in order to avoid any water stagnation.
- 6 PT 100 RTD probes positioned in chamber for constant monitoring and immediate of washing and sterilization cycles. The probes are located in some critical points of the chamber, such as the interspaces of the door and water drain, in order to have the assurance of the uniformity of temperature.
- Additional space for two validation probes, to ensure greater ease of data checking.
- The hydraulic system and the valves are made of AISI 316 L steel with sanitary finishing.
- Chamber 100% air-tight guaranteed by two inflatable gaskets, with an original solution patented by Fedegari.
- Process optimization: 4 processes in 1 machine.
- Cost-effectiveness: Reduction of installation, qualification, maintenance, revalidation and personnel training costs.
- Flexibility: you can run the unit as a washer, as an autoclave or as a combined unit. The load will be washed, sterilized and dried at once in 110 minutes.
- Highly-efficient & Eco-friendly: use of steam for improving washing/degreasing performances, especially for sticky ointments/creams.